Saturday, March 10, 2018

Walk (or crawl) a Mile in Your Moccasins


When a couple in our church were about to welcome a new baby to their family, I decided to pull out the leather. Perfect time to try some baby moccasins! I used the Darling Diapers free mini moc pattern, and adjusted it to make a fringed moccasin (with no linings). I used some black leather cord instead of elastic. Hopefully these will fit the little guy they're intended for when he gets bigger -- I can't remember which size I cut out, but they came out a tad larger than expected. They're completely hand-stitched, because I find that to be a much more reliable way of construction. My machine doesn't always like leather...




And now you need a gratuitous photo of Scout's little tootsies. Oh, how I love sweet, sweet baby toes! Granted, Scout's toes are on a slightly larger scale than the average baby, but they're still delightful and squidgy. 




Would you believe that I still haven't made Scout a single pair of leather shoes since his birth? That's something I hope to remedy soon, but... you know how it goes.


2 comments:

  1. Oh how darling those little moccasins. Working with leather is time-consuming. You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Danice! I don't mind the time so much -- but I do mind the sore fingertips! :-) I probably should invest in a better leather thimble (though I do have one that helps... when I remember to wear it).

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!